Saturday, February 18, 2012

Whats so bad about Brussels Sprouts.

So, I just finished a mini plate of Brussels sprouts and I really dont see what all the fuss is about. I did a quick and simple recipe I found on Allrecipes.com


Sooo simple.... cut the sprout in half, use a v-cut to remove the stem, then slice it really thin. In a cold pan add about a teaspoon of olive oil, a teaspoon of butter. Turn on to high heat and stir until the butter gets brown. Add the b.s.(ha ha ha ha) stir for about a minute, then add about 1/4 cup of lemon juice. Hit it with some salt and cracked pepper, let it go for about 45 seconds and TA-DA. 


So fast I didnt even take pictures. But I am making this for dinner alongside some leftover meatloaf and baked potatoes to Ill take pictures then. I think Im going to add some crushed garlic to the butter as it browns for an extra layer of flavor. Another recipe Im going to try the roasted version.... parboil for 2 minutes, toss with olive oil and crushed garlic, and bake for 15-20 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment