Sunday, January 1, 2012

Hi, my name is Jennifer

Hi ......

My name is Jennifer....... where do I start?????
Let's see. I was born in Ponce, Puerto Rico, but I consider myself a Dominican since both my parents were born and raised in the Dominican Republic. I was really only born in P.R. to take advantage of the fact that its an annex of the USA. My mom flew over to have me (so I would be born an American) and then flew back as soon as I was old enough to fly.

I am 24 years old even though the thought that I am going to be 25 is beyond my mental grasp right now. I have 2 loves. Well 3 really but 2 are the most important. I am a mom (i still don't fully "feel" like a mom) to a beautiful and smart 9 month old baby girl named Kayla Raquel. She is really truly gorgeous, but that is for yet another post.

The father of my baby girl, my very own knight in shining armor, is Antonio, but we shall call him Tony cause that is what he prefers. Unless of course I am mad at him then I yell at him in spanish accented angry words and call him by his whole name. We have been together 3 years and 4 months. He calls me his wifey, but who knows, if things get better financially I might just actually become his wife in 2 or 3 years <3

My 3rd love is cooking and baking. I dont know which one I like more. I love the creative outlet baking allows in decorating and serving, and the math nerd in me loves the precision that is required. But I also love the freeness that you get in cooking, throw away the measuring cups and just go with your senses of sight, smell, touch, and taste. Equally important to me is people eating and enjoying my food.

I will admit, I do not like to clean. I prefer to organize. But straight cleaning, washing dishes, mopping, no not really.

On October 5, 2011, the DAY before I my 5 year anniversary at the Gap, I got fired. It was equal parts mistakes on my behalf, beaurocratic bull shit, and ass covering that got me fired. But some things are for the better. Im broke now, but watching my own daughter grow is payment enough.

So I have been home for 3 months now, and hence this blog. I spend A LOT of time on my laptop on the living room couch, reading, window shopping, buying on Amazon, on Facebook, and now Pinterest, while i simultaneaously watch Food Network & HGTV.

And now to boot, baby its getting cold outside. So bye bye random trips to the park and severely curbs my desire to go on play date. So....... I stay at home now. My journey of adjusting of going from working 50 hours a weeks managing a staff of 50 in a NYC retail store to watching my daughter and trying to entertain myself while being broke. If you are bored enough to be following me, kudos and thanks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment